Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Deco Flower **Gauche Alchemy and Flamingo Scraps**

I was at JoAnns finding crafts for my boys to do for the summer, and I stumbled upon some great finds.  One was this cardboard flower.  It is about 2 inches thick and 8 inches tall, and it was 70% off!!  I immediately thought I could decorate this thing and the September kit "Kokeshi" from Gauche Alchemy would be perfect!!


Here you see the original flower, very simple and just begging to be decorated!!


I attacked this like a paper mache or decoupage craft.  I smeared craft glue over the entire flower then open up the two napkins in the kit and pressed them over the entire flower.  I tore of excess tissue, added more glue, and added more tissue layers until the entire flowers was coated with tissue front back and in all the little crevices.  I then tore some of the other papers (origami and torn book pages) and glue them on for more layers.  Then I cut out some of the cute little animals from the papers and odd bits from the kit and layered them in with it all too. 


 Here you can see the back side of the flower.  The back side only has the tissue paper, so no torn paper or animals for layers.

I then pulled out the wire from the pink ribbon, tied a bow,  and placed it at the bottom of the flower like a little bow tie.  I then added a burlap flower, leaves, and bling from my stash to create a cute little table decoration.



Supplies Use - non kit items can be found at Flamingo Scraps

Kokeshi Kit (September) - tissue, ribbon, papers
Flower - Maya Road
Leaves and Bling - Recollections
Adhesive - Martha Stewart

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...