Thursday, April 16, 2015

Journey **Canvas Home Basics & 7 Gypsies & Tattered Angels & Xyron & Paper House**

I took this selfie of myself on our vacation to Colorado last year.  I was watching my kids fish and playing with taking a picture of myself but still showing the beauty of the lake behind me, then I played with Instagram and all their color choices it gave me and I loved the feel of this one when I saw it.  I have been waiting to scrap it since I took it, and this collection was just perfect!!  It was the right mix of grunge and art and the colors of the picture and the papers were amazing together!!

journey  - w
 

I used the wonderful "State Plates" and "Go and See" along with sections of the American Vintage Journal Cards to create this layout.  I loved the idea of the state plates, because it reminded me of all the places I have been or want to go in my life (and that is just the US).  And the "Go and See" papers are just full of these amazing quotes, I used "not all the wonder are lost", "keep the desire to explore", and "replace fear with curiosity".  All of these quotes just reminded me of how I felt when I look at this picture - hence the title "The joy is in the Journey not the Destination".
 
19555-Am-Vintage-12x12-Go-See-Front


19551-Am-Vintage-12x12-State-Plates-Front

American-Vintage-Stuff-1


I paired these wonderful papers with lost of bits of bobs from Canvas Home Basics, 7 Gypsies, and Tattered Angels to create this grungy bit of art - Clothespins in White and Chocolate, White cord rope, Camera charm, Burlap, Manila Tickets, Satchel Glimmer Glam, Black Magic Glimmer mist, Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist, Plain Jane Peach, and High Impact White paint.


vin


jounrey 3

I used layers of gesso with stencils and added layers of the Glimmer Mists and Glimmer Glam on top with the High Impact Paint to achieve the look I wanted.


journey 2

I then added in the layers of papers, embellishments, fibers, clothespins, stickers, cork, and pictures and added in a few fun items like charms and flowers to top it all off.

jounrey 1


Supplies Used
Cardstock – Core’dination
Patterned Papers  – 7 Gypsies
Journal Cards/Ephemera – 7 Gypsies
Charms – 7 Gypsies
Fibers – Canvas Home Basics
Clothespins – Canvas Home Basics
Paints/Mists – Tattered Angels
Gesso – Prima
Stencil – Imagination Crafts
Stickers – Paper House
Cork – Paper House
Flowers – Prima
Ink – Prima
Doily – Recollections
Punch – EK
Adhesive - Xyron

*************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...