Sunday, May 1, 2016

Inspire Art Mixed Media Junk Journal w/ Video Tutorials

While at the NAMTA conference with Canvas Corp Shannon Green and I make this super cute little junk mini journal and I really had fun making it, so I re-created the idea from the supplies I had on hand in my stash.  A little bit of everything went into this little book from all the companies I work with, for that is what a junk journal is all about anyway pulling things together from what you have!!!


I really pulled my inspiration from a number of places, first the little book Shannon and I made, second is the color scheme from the Creative Embellishments May Inspiration Challenge (peacock), and third the 7 Gypsies Wanderlust Open Doors papers with the keys, doors, and knockers helped add to idea for the embellishments.

Here is video Tutorial for Part 1 - Construction


Here is the video for Part 2 - Adding pages and inserts plus color using glimmer glaze and glimmer mist

Here is the video for part 3  - Embellishments and the Walk Through


Here is the peacock inspiration for this journal.



Come join in on the CE Monthly challenge.  You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.  It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please no back linking.  Combining with other challenges is permitted.  PLEASE USE AT LEAST 1 OF  CE products on your projects.  WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winners are announced the day after the challenge ends and on the same month’s challenge post.

I used lots of other companies I work with for this book and the full list of what products I used are all located on the final video (part 3) at the end.

Here are a few up close pictures of the journal inside.





I hope I have inspired you to make something fun a cool.  Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies Used
Colors Squares - Recollections
Ink - Prima
Tape Runner - Scotch
Heat gun - Marvy
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all 3 of your videos...very inspiring! I've been looking for some of those flat bags, so I'm off to Canvas Corp's website.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, they mean so much to me!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...